Mage: The Ascension
|Venue Name||Mage: The Ascension|
|Head Story Teller||N/A|
|Story Teller||Apan, SqueakyToy|
Mage: The Ascension (MtA) is a game about magic and consequences, struggle and survival. Unlike the savagery of Werewolf and horror of Vampire, Mage focuses on people who are mostly human, granted extraordinary powers and gifts, and then placed in a world that neither wants nor remembers them. Consensus reality and the guiding hand of Technocratic Union has brought the Ascension War to a conclusion - The Nine Traditions of magic have lost. Their greatest willworkers and mighty fortresses are lost or destroyed. They are hunted from one end of the Earth to the other by the Conventions of the Union and their enlightened allies. Governments rise against the carnage and chaos left in their wake, branding them as Terrorists even without knowledge of their magic. Humanity has fallen in to stagnation and complacence, giving Paradox a new level of viciousness, even as the Soulstorm ravages access to the Umbra and Horizon, the last possible refuge.
In Magid, the Mages of the city are relegated to hiding amongst the downtrodden and hopeless, the dreamers and hopeful losers. They remain hidden away, creating miracles and plying destruction away from the eyes of polite society, passed off as illusions and drug-addled dreams of the manic population residing amongst the squalor of the city. Truly the mighty have fallen far.
The Traditions: Defeated and Defiant
The Technocracy: Victors and Destroyers
Madness and Insanity: The Monsters of Magid
Once slums, they are transforming into something...more.
Urban decay at its finest.
A spark of learning amongst nothingness.
Where Mages gather.
Mirrored spiritual reflections of Magid and their denizens.
- Akashic Brotherhood: Masters of Mind over everything
- Celestial Chorus: Disciples of Prime as one
- Cult of Ecstasy: Acolytes of Time eternal
- Dreamspeakers: Wanderers of the Spirit path
- Euthanatos: Scions of Entropy the inevitable
- Order of Hermes: Students of unstoppable Forces
- Sons of Ether: Creators of unbridled Matter
- Verbena: Nurturers of Life unending
- Virtual Adepts: Operators of all-seeing Correspondence
- Hollow Ones: Forsakers of dependence
Playing Mage on IV
- Personal Grimoires
- Consors, Linears & Awakenings
- Dual Traditions & Changing Traditions
- Scene Requests
- Player Run Scenes
- Arete & Multiple Actions
- Digital Web
- Life Magic & Healing
- Pattern Bleed
- Resisting Mind Magic with Willpower
- Wonders, Creation & Allowances